03 March 2010

Mugging at Subi Council ......

Well just thought I’d blog about my mugging yesterday. It was a usual morning at Subi Council and I decided to have my lunch at 1.00pm. I just go and sit in the park right next to the council offices and eat my lunch and read my book for the 30 mins I get. I sat at one of the benches and opened my lunch box ready to start my lunch. Getting out my crackerbreads and tin of tuna and making a little sandwich. Oblivious to the fact I was being watched.......
Next thing I knew I was under attack ... only a bloody Kookaburra trying to steal my crackerbreads !! It was slow motion I swear to you, it even copped a hold of the skin between my finger and thumb before flying off. I let out a scream and luckily no one saw what had happened as it was rather embarrassing. I was shaking like a leaf for ages and scared to have another go at eating my lunch. Minutes later it came back only this time it sat at the end of the bench I was sitting on and decided to glare at me. It’s beak was huge, couldn’t believe it was so close. I put away my lunch, thinking there’s no way it’s going to get anymore and got out my phone instead. Getting footage of the beast sitting watching me, I was careful not to make eye contact too much, as I had visions of it pecking out my eyes. A woman looked over and gave me the thumbs up, I tried to mouth “Help!” but she looked away. It sat there for what seemed like years before it decided to go and mug some other poor person (probably!). I couldn’t believe it. I did want my lunch so I decided to head back to my desk where I thought it couldn’t get me ...... wrong it broke into the building ...... ha ha in my head it was going to!!

Today I decided that I would be strong and not let this Kookaburra dictate where I can go for my lunch break. I headed back out and luckily someone was sitting at my bench where the attack took place. I sat at another and made sure it was near someone else who was eating so at least it had a choice of who to mug. Next thing I heard a yelp and the woman who I’d sat near had a Kookaburra hanging off her arm ..... ha ha, it was stealing her sandwich. Her husband just sat there amazed. It flew off and sat right beside them until the woman (terrified) gave it some of her sandwich. Little bugger !!! It then flew off, probably to share the said sanger with the rest of his chav/bogan Kookaburras. She looked at me and I gave her the sympathetic look, I’d been there I knew how she felt. Needless to say I headed back inside to again eat my lunch at my desk.

Question is do I go out tomorrow ??? I’ll keep you updated !

No comments: