17 June 2010

Goodbyes, manky teeth and models !!

We were delayed for 40 minutes on leaving but had a good tailwind so made it back. We slept most of the way but made sure we were awake for any food going. We were only 10 minutes late when we arrived in. We had to catch a bus from the strip to the Airport and then seemed to have miles to walk until we arrived to collect our baggage. We got through customs with no bother and then walked out into Arrivals to Mum and Dad H!! They’d come to pick up Ben which was lovely of them, so strange to think we’d just saw them in New Zealand and then back in the UK.

That’s it then both home safe and sound, what a way to finish our 10 months travelling ..... a New York Wedding!!

We had a quick check that we’d got everything and then we parted!! I had booked the train to go up North and Ben was staying in Ipswich with Mum and Dad Hines. They walked me to the lift and I jumped in to catch the tube from Gatwick to London Euston.

It took an hour to get from Gatwick to London Euston and I had to change once at Leicester Square. I was hoping I could just jump onto the first train that was heading to Glasgow and did wait in the queue. I bottled out of it though and just decided to hang around at the Train Station and people watch for the 4 hours until my train. I was sitting writing my diary when a girl asked how long I was planning on sitting there and could she leave her bags whilst she had a look in the shop. She was then my train station buddy and sat with me for the 4 hours. I found out she was a model and she was waiting for some friends to meet her at the station. Here I was looking my worst after travelling for nearly 2 days, wearing the same clothes and not even cleaned my teeth that morning and here she was looking really pretty !! Great!! She was lovely though and made the hanging around go really quickly.

At last my train had arrived and was ready for boarding and off I went, saying my goodbyes to the model and wishing her well. Hopefully see her on the front of Vogue one day!

I boarded and sat down and that was it I was on my way home. I slept for a little bit but just took in the scenery whilst listening to the IPod. It was 4 hours to Carlisle and then I had to change to go to Whitehaven. Then 40 minutes and I was pulling into Whitehaven Station.

My brother Scott and Sister-In-Law Tracey had agreed to pick me up and had brought Kia and Tyla (Nieces) , not telling them who they were picking up. What a surprise !! It was so good to see them again, it was Disney where we saw them all last!

No comments: